Friday, May 15, 2009

Comments in Source Codes

Reading source codes is a lot of fun, especially when you are reading other guys' codes...
  1. // summary:
    //     Class used to work around Richard being a
    //     fucking idiot
    // 
    // remarks:
    //     The point of this is to work around his poor
    //     design so that paging will 
    //     work on a mobile control. The main problem is the
    //     BindCompany() method, 
    //     which he hoped would be able to do everything.
    //     I hope he dies.   

  2. // I dedicate all this code, all my work, to my wife,
    // Darlene, who will 
    // have to support me and our three children and the
    // dog once it gets 
    // released into the public.

  3. // Magic. Do not touch.

  4. return 1; # returns 1  

  5. /*
     * This is O(scary), but seems quick enough
     * in practice.
     */

  6. /*
     * You may think you know what the following code does.
     * But you dont.
     * Fiddle with it, and youll spend many a sleepless
     * night cursing the moment you thought youd be clever
     * enough to "optimize" the code below.
     * Now close this file and go play with something else.
     */  

  7. // When I wrote this, only God and I understood what
    // I was doing
    // Now, God only knows

  8. // This is craptacular!

  9. And finally, there is no one comes as close as this. The only comments in a big chunk of complicated codes are:

    ...

    // Trust me

No comments:

Post a Comment